Tuesday, May 18, 2010

$5 quilt and Flower Quilting

This is the $5 quilt that I did through the local quilt store. I really liked doing this one. I plan to try a feather stitch in the zig-zag, but I'm unsure about what to do in the blocks. Maybe a flower.



This is the flower design I did in my friend's bag. She ended up putting this on the inside, but the back was a great blue floral on green. The bad turned out super, and the quilting that shows looks pretty good, if I do say so myself.

I've been sanding my walls with a rotary sander. I can only do it for a little while because it really makes my shoulders ache. I have wanted to repaint that a dusty aqua for a while, I've just been to lazy to do the sanding, which is necessary because I sponge painted it several years ago and I wasn't careful about getting the paint on the sponge.

Ron is finally feeling better after being sick for over a week. The Dr. didn't prescribe antibiotics because his lungs were clear, but he was caughing so hard and running a fever, he started taking one I had left because I reacted to it. I know, I know, it's a no-no. It's working for him, though. Last night he felt well enough to rototill the vege garden, so I can plant that now.

I attended a funeral of a 92 year old woman today who used to come to my Bible study class. She was a very sweet woman. Tomorrow is a funeral of another woman from my Bible study. I got to know her even better. She was friends with my parents in Florida, and just a sweet, sweet lady.

5 comments:

  1. Your quilt is very pretty, and I love the flower design on the bag. I'm sorry to hear about your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors in your quilt. My kind of colors. I like the flower motif you used for the quilting. Sorry to hear about your friend I am glad your hubby is better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours in your quilt, I must start using colours that are out of my comfort zone.
    Sorry for your loss of your friends.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt, Rhoda. Wish my last $5 was as nice. And, love that quilted flower. I've been teasing myself to do something similar for a while.

    Sanding a funerals. You do know how to have fun. Take care. Lane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and budget friendly! Cant' wait to see more work from you.


    www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete