I finished planting my vegetable garden - except for the sweet potatoes that I haven't found yet. I have one more place to try. I've also had a hard time finding the type of flowers for my pots that I want. I have to go to plan B, I guess. I have to go to the Dr. for my annual visit this afternoon, so I thought I'd check out a few more places.
I finished this cross-stitch on Fri. Daughter Kim gave it to me for Christmas. I'm into birds right now. I enjoy feeding them (and the squirrels and the deer). Obviously this piece needs some work yet. I want to add black beads for eyes, soak it good before I stretch and frame it.


This last picture is of my oldest son, Ryan, and his graduating class from the Firefighter Academy. Ryan is the tall guy in the middle with glasses. He has a Bachelors degree in vocal music, but decided not to go on in that. He's been working for Centennial Wireless for the last few years, and at 33, decided what he really wanted to do. This is about as far as he could get from what I would think he would pursue, but he loves it, especially the medical calls. It's hard to get full-time firefighter jobs in this area, he's applied for the few available, but he also plans to go on and get his EMT and Paramedic training.
I took the picture that is my header this morning. That pink lupine isn't as full as last year, and they don't last real long, so this is probably the last year for it. I'll enjoy it while I can.

I noticed your new header right away. I love it. Congrats to your son. Nice job on the cross stitch.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Ryan. I hope he finds a great job soon. Rhoda, your cross stitch is exquisite--such fine detail in the pine needles! Keep sanding--bit by bit it'll get done.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful lupins. Cograts to your son.
ReplyDeleteI love your cross stitch, you did a great job.
Patricia
Hi Rhoda!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to have found you back as I was lilbit77 @ the old site! I love your $5 quilt - very pretty! Until next time, take care! - Elizabeth
Hi Rhoda, I really like your header photo. Thanks for sharing it with us. The cross stitch looks really good, I am impressed with how fine the stitching is! Congratulations to Ryan, you must have been one very proud Mum! Sam xox
ReplyDeleteThat lupine is beautiful. And, congrats to Ryan. I haven't done any cross stitch in years, but I did buy one for the kid and one for Rob hoping they'd get interested...they haven't started either one yet. They watch TV. I quilt. It's all good. Lane
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are beautiful. You just got that cross stitch at Christmas and you are finished? I'm impressed. It's lovely. Congrats to Ryan.
ReplyDelete