Many years ago I planted 3 rose bushes on this strip of garden. It's above an old barn foundation, a good place not to have to mow, according to hubby. I also planted lilac bushes. The roses all died and the lilacs grew. This one rose grew up from below the graft. I let it grow through the lilac and it gives a wonderful display for a week or two every spring. It's the kind that the individual blossoms are not much to look at, but the overall effect is very pleasing. It also gives the lilac 2 blooming seasons! : )

I finished another batch of baby bags. I give them as baby gifts to women from our Bible study who have babies - my friends fill them up with home-made and store bought goodies, bibs and burp cloths, hand sanitizer, wipes, a rattle, little socks, booties, so on. I also give them to my nieces and nephews for baby gifts with an outfit inside. I have also sold a few! That was very nice. I put iron-on letters for their names like in the bottom picture. I have a Micah that I have to do soon.
Rhoda

Cute bags!
ReplyDeleteLove the bags. I've been trying to grow shrub roses for a while, but they never seem to last more than a year or two. But I can't seem to stop buying new ones. At least they make my yard look nice for the summer I plant them.
ReplyDelete