Monday, July 12, 2010

Painted!




Last week Monday I asked Ron to pull out the washer and dryer so I could sand behind it and paint the walls. He pulled them out before I got going in the morning, and finished it all in about 45 minutes! I would have taken me about 2 - 3 days because I can only do it for a short time. He didn't sand it as perfectly as I have been doing, but he asked if I was going to paint it right away, so I ran out to get the paint, washed the walls down and got the painting done, both coats, in that small section. Then he could move the w/d back in. I found out I was sanding waaaay more than I needed to, and the paint covered a lot of flaws. Today I painted the other 3 walls. I will probably be worthless for the rest of the week, but that's a big job done. Now on to the half bath. I have that about 1/2 sanded, but you can bet your booties that I'm not going to be so persnickety!


Also, I bought a second gallon of paint because I was sure I was going to run out today. I have just about 1/2 cup of paint left. Good for touchups. Oh, I have to paint the register yet, too. I think there will be enough for that. Now I sit with an extra gallon. I'm hoping they can retint it a little darker. I'm not real fussy, but I just want it a little different color. I have some picture where you can see both the old paint job and the new.

Rhoda

4 comments:

  1. Looks really good, Rhoda. Love that green against the dark wood. Life's too short to be too persnickety--except when it comes to 1/4" seams LOL--so let the paint do it's thing and you can relax a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bet it feels good to have this so far along. cw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rhoda... try number 3 at leaving a comment *LOL* I have that same green in my kitchen and I love it. The wall farthest from the wall is just a tad darker so I can tell you that looks good too. I love freshly painted rooms. I'm allergic to fumes of all kinds but I think there's something you can put in paint now to get rid of the fumes (water based paint). So this Fall look out... I'm gonna be painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I'm soooo not a fan of painting! I'm just glad when it's done!

    ReplyDelete