Friday, July 2, 2010
Sparkling Tree
So today, after doing some laundry, defrosting my upright freezer, working outside and sanding in my half bath, I was relaxing in the pool, floating around in a circle as the filter jets pushed me. I was looking at the green, green of the trees against the blue, blue of the summer sky - one of my favorite color combinations. I looked at the cottonwood tree (miserable, lousy, messy thing that deposits stuff on all my window screens) and saw it sparkle. Cottonwoods are like aspens. The smallest breeze makes the leaves flutter. As the sun hit the leaves full on they shone. The on and off again of the leaves really made it look like the tree was sparkling. Rhoda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds magical!
ReplyDeleteYes, magical, and absolutely relaxing.
ReplyDeleteHi Rhoda., So nice to see you on my blog. I have been looking at yours and you make beautiful pictures of a beautiful garden and now you are resting in the pool.Wow, what a life. LOL. I also love your header. Great picture.
ReplyDeleteHappy 4th of July.
Riet
Where I grew up there was a huge cottonwood not far from my bedroom window and several in the park I used to play in. To this day, the sound of cottonwood leaves rustling in the wind is soothing. Not only do the leaves "sparkle" they "talk" too :) Elizabeth
ReplyDeleteI hear you about the stuff that the cottonwood sheds all the time. Makes me sneeze!
ReplyDeleteLovely Rhoda, I could imagine myself floating in the pool. What a great way to take a few serene moments and appreciate the surroundings.
ReplyDelete